Emergency Medical Services
2008 American LaFrance Ambulance Camden County Fire Rescue proudly services the citizens and visitors of the county with five Advanced Life Support ambulances. These ambulances are staffed with a minimum of an EMT-Intermediate and a Paramedic, which exceeds the state minimum standard.
To treat some of the most challenging illnesses and injuries our Life Squads are equipped with state of the art life saving equipment:
- 12 Lead Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Remote ECG Transmission of 12 Lead ECG's to Hospitals
- Intraosseous Drill Infusions
- Current ACLS Medications
- Nitronox Pain Management
- Endtidal CO2 Measurement
Given the best equipment and training, the fire rescue department delivers unparalleled patient care and sense of security that is second to none.
Firefighter Paramedic Recruitment
Camden County Fire Rescue is now offering new hire paramedics a $2000 sign-on bonus.
- Minimum Requirement: Must be certified firefighter or obtain certification within first year of employment. You must be NPQ Certified and obtain Georgia Paramedic Number.
- Must complete two years of employment. If employee leaves prior to two years, employee will be contractually obligated to pay pro-rated amount back to Camden County.
- Funds to be distributed in two payments:
- At six month anniversary
- At one year anniversary
Internal Firefighter Paramedic Candidates
Camden County Fire Rescue is now offering tuition reimbursement up to $6000 for current employees who enroll/are enrolled in paramedic school.
- Minimum Requirement: Employee must complete their initial probationary period.
- Must complete two years of employment-sign continued employment agreement.
- Amount to be received per pay period over two years once program is completed and licensure is obtained.