- Departments A - F
- Fire Rescue
- Administration Division
- Firefighter Paramedic Recruitment
Firefighter Paramedic Recruitment
Camden County Fire Rescue is now offering new hire paramedics a $5,000 sign-on bonus.
- Minimum Requirement: Must be certified firefighter or obtain certification within first year of employment. You must be NPQ Certified and obtain Georgia Paramedic Number.
- Must complete two years of employment. If employee leaves prior to two years, employee will be pro-rated for the current six month period.
- Funds to be distributed in five payments:
- At completion of hiring process
- At six month anniversary
- At one year anniversary
- At 18-month anniversary
- At two year anniversary
- Inspects the working condition of fire equipment on a daily basis.
- Ensures the proper functioning of all emergency medical equipment and vehicles through regular checks.
- Ensures that an adequate inventory of medical supplies is aboard emergency vehicles through regular checks.
- Cleans and services assigned equipment, including water pumps.
- Drives fire apparatus to fire scenes.
- Ensures that assigned apparatus is properly equipped prior to leaving to respond to fire alarms.
- Operates apparatus at fire scene, including locating water supply, monitoring hose/nozzle pressure, calculating friction loss, and establishing fire streams.
- Renders emergency and life-saving medical assistance to those in need.
- Administers medication to victims on-site and in transit to a medical facility, if necessary.
- Supervises volunteer firefighters.
- Transports injured or sick persons to appropriate care facility.
- Extricates victims of accidents when necessary.
- Requests repairs and service of apparatus and equipment as necessary.
- Assists and/or participates in training exercises and continuing education to maintain certification.
- Assist in hydrant, plug, and line maintenance.
- Inspects building; completes pre-fire plans
- Provides fire safety information and educational programs to school, church, and civic groups.
- Prepares a variety of reports; maintains departmental files and records.
- Completes necessary state and local paperwork, including reports and billings.
- Preforms housekeeping and grounds keeping duties at the station.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years experience or service.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a vaild driver's license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Ability to meet current requirements set forth by the National Fire Protection Association and the Georgia Firefighter Standards and Training Act.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain appropriate state EMS Certification.
- Firefighting and rescue techniques.
- Fire apparatus and equipment.
- Hydraulics and fire streams.
- Local fire codes.
- Departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Supervisory practices and procedures.
- Streets and other local geography.
- Hazardous materials.
- Basic and advanced emergency medical and life- sustaining techniques, including cardiac care, trauma and shock care, and ventilation and other CPR techniques.
- Fire suppression techniques.
- Universal precautions relating to infection control.
- Basic algebra, pharmacology and chemistry for the administration of drug modalities.
- Medical terminology.
- Radio communications.
- Oral and written communication.
- Operating fire equipment and apparatus.
- Administration of emergency medical techniques and the use of specialized equipment associated with advanced life support.
- Patient assessment.
- Driving in emergency situations.
- Using a computer.
- Using automobile extrication equipment and extrication techniques.
- Written and oral comprehension and expression.
Questions? Contact Human Resources at 912-576-5660.