At their January 12, 2021, regular meeting, the Camden County Board of Commissioners unanimously approved the 2021 State Legislative Priorities for Camden County.
This list, created with guidance from staff and the Association of County Commissioners of Georgia (ACCG), details legislative concerns in which the county has a vested interest.
“We feel it is important for us as the Camden County Board of Commissioners to communicate with our state elected officials,” said Chairman Gary Blount. “We have a duty to inform these legislators about how their decisions impact us here locally.”
The 2021 State Legislative Priorities include:
- Georgia’s Voting Equipment,
- Funding Broadband Deployment in Georgia,
- Redirection of Environmental Trust Fund Fees,
- Public Notice of Tax Increase,
- Broadband Telecommunications,
- Log Truck Weight Limits, and
- Reimbursement for EMS Services.
More information, including a link to the full Legislative Priorities (PDF) is available on the Camden County website at www.camdencountyga.gov.