The Camden County Board of County Commissioners is seeking qualified applicants to serve on the Camden County Board of Elections & Registration, District 2, District 4, and District 5 Appointments.
The Camden County Board of Elections and Registration is comprised of five members, one from each district, appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. The Board has the powers, duties, and responsibilities of the election superintendent of Camden County; the municipal election superintendent of the City of Kingsland, the City of St. Marys, and the City of Woodbine; and the Board of Registrars of Camden County, which is provided for under Chapter 2 of Title 21 of the O.C.G.A., the “Georgia Election Code.”
Qualifications for applicants include the following:
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must be registered to vote in Camden County;
- Must reside in the district they represent in Camden County, Georgia;
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local election laws;
- Ability to serve a 4-year term;
- Ability to actively participate in the role of the Camden County Board of Elections & Registration;
- Ability to attend (virtually or in-person) monthly scheduled meetings;
- Ability to travel to voting precincts before, during, and after election(s);
- Must be able to successfully complete the Georgia Election Official Certification Program and become certified in elections administration; and
- No person who holds or qualifies as a candidate for elective public office shall be eligible to serve as a member of the board during the term of such office.
Qualified Applicants should submit their intent to serve via the County website, www.camdencountyga.gov, featured on the homepage under Services, Online Forms, Citizen Board Application Form. If you have any questions you may call 576-5651. Position shall remain open until filled.